Sorry it’s been so long. The iMac’s keyboard got an unexpected dousing during Sunday’s surprise blow. All’s well that 86 dollars and FedEx cures. Actually, could Apple design a more beautiful keyboard? I think not.
So, the last week or so has been super, super busy. But, in the best possible way:
* My folks departed 10 days ago, on a Tuesday morning. It was bittrersweet as we had such a nice, connected visit. It was not without its arguments (we ARE Browns, afterall), but I truly loved seeing them. We ate well, went on a full-breeching-tail-slapping-everyone’s-doing-it-31-whale watching tour, watched an amazing sunset or two, drank a little too much and generally enjoyed exploring my new town.
* EriK was here for two full weeks. And I gotta tell ya, there’s never been an easier guest. I barely knew he was here….:-) I cried harder when he said farewell.
* And then this week…..began with with amazing, head-clearing, self-affirming sex. Melded into furious, insecure cooking and wedding arranging. Then finished with a JohnBrown prepared meal for 10 of the most lovely, geniune and pleasant people I’ve ever had the priviledge of serving. I cried today when I was paid. A signal event, for sure.
* And then tonight…..extremely casual….tea dance with Joel….a Gift of a sunset….unexpected friends on a harborside bar….an amazing bbq sandwich from the The Red Shack….and red wine.
* Life is good. The unexplored and unexpected is certain worth more than the “uns.” Go for it y’all. It’s amazing what one can learn.